RIM Registrations Vaults include a setting which can temporarily prevent Vault from automatically creating or updating certain object records, allowing for smoother migration of data with Vault Loader or Vault API. For example, when this checkbox is cleared, Vault does not automatically create Country Decision Detail records when users load or migrate Regulatory Objective records.
Note: This feature is only available on RIM Registrations Vaults.
How to Pause RIM Registrations Vault Java SDK Triggers
The RIM Registrations Vault Java SDK record triggers are automatically enabled in your Vault. To pause these and prevent automatic record creation and updates during Vault migrations, navigate to Admin > Settings > Application Settings and clear the Execute Registrations SDK triggers checkbox. We do not recommend turning this setting off during normal business operations.
About RIM Registrations Record Triggers
RIM Registrations Vaults use several Vault Java SDK record triggers to create or update certain records automatically:
- Activity Dependency records: When users create Activity records, Vault creates one (1) Activity Dependency record for each Country Dependency record for each country associated to the Application that is referenced by the Regulatory Objective record.
- Country Decision Details records: When users create Regulatory Objective records, Vault creates one (1) Country Decision Detail record for each Country associated to the Application that is referenced by the Regulatory Objective record.
- Country Decision Detail Count field: The Country Decision Detail Count field on the parent Regulatory Objective record updates automatically each time Vault creates or users delete related Country Decision Detail records. This allows Vault to capture the current number of records.
- Administered Product records: When users create Administered Product object records of object type Administered as Manufactured, Vault copies over active and inactive ingredient data from related Product Variant records to new Administered Product Active Substance and Administered Product Inactive Ingredient records.
- Most Recent Submitted field: Vault uses the Most Recent Submitted field on Product Data Submission records to track the most up-to-date submitted product report tree. When the Product Data Submission record enters the Submitted state, Vault sets the Most Recent Submitted field to Yes, then sets the field in all previous Product Data Submission records to No.
- Application Regulatory Objective records: When users create a new Regulatory Objective record with the Application field populated, Vault creates one (1) related Application Regulatory Objective record for each unique combination of Application and Regulatory Objective. When users update the Application field on an existing Regulatory Objective record, Vault updates the value on the Application Regulatory Objective record.
Quality to RIM Vault Connection Triggers
Registrations SDK triggers are also used within the Quality to RIM Vault Connection as follows:
- Manufacturing Events: When a Manufacturing Event is created in RIM, Vault sends a Spark message back to Quality with the details included in the QMS RIM: Create RIM Event (
qms_rim_create_rim_event__v) integration rule. Vault triggers the next integration point when the record reaches the object lifecycle state configured to use the Impact Assessment Complete state type. This behavior does not apply when the Manufacturing Event is updated manually.
- Activities: Vault triggers a Spark message when an Activity reaches the object lifecycle states configured to use the Activity lifecycle state types associated with the connection. This behavior does not apply when the Activity record is updated manually.